Exercise may directly benefit brain cell by increasing blood and oxygen flow to the brain.Alzheimer’ Association
skills. With its emphasis on sensory activities like hand massage and listening to music, its aim is to provide a better quality of life at the later disease stage.
- 24/7 staff
- Medication management
- Licensed nurses
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Three chef-prepared meals daily – “Dining”
- Wellness program – “Wellness”
- Activities program-“Activities”
- Scheduled courtesy transportation, including medical and dental appointments
- Secure courtyard
- All utilities
- Professionally supervised exercise program
- Bathing, dressing and grooming
- Diabetes management
- Oxygen management
- Wound care
- On-site physical therapy available
All staff in the Memory Support program are carefully selected. We look at the essence of the potential staff member. We look for compassion. Through many years of experience we have developed continual staff training programs. It is important for staff to understand dementia. Staff are mentored by supervisors to deal with dementia behaviors in a manner that helps reduce agitation and anxiety. There is a daily briefing between shifts. This means incoming staff learns about any special issues a resident is having.
We believe the family needs sustenance in dealing with the issues of dementia too. A regular support group is an integral part of our memory loss program.